Logos School Kindergarten
Kindergarten is the ideal place for young children to develop social skills as well as be prepared academically for primary school.
Kindergarten 1A typical day in Kindergarten 1 is as follows:
- Free Activities
The start of the day is used as time for free activities, where children can socialize, verbalize and interact with each other.
It is also a time when the children can play with natural materials (i.e. sand, water, clay, dough), have creative activities related to the weekly topic and do cooking on Friday.
- Discussion – Topics and Lesson
This is a discussion time, where the children can learn about the world around them and a time when they can expand their vocabulary.Playtime
- Snack time
At snack time, children are encouraged to value food, eat and drink healthily and put away what they do not eat.
- Play Time
Outdoors play is a time when the children can exert energy, practice large motor skills and gain a sense of community.
- Group Time
Children work on their numbers and alphabet sounds, colours, shapes etc... Music & Movement, Group Games. Instruments or Lesson
- Play Time
- End of Day Activities
- Fruit time
- Story time
- Quiet table
- Table top activities - puzzles
Kindergarten 2The aims for Kindergarten 2 are:
- During the year the children in KG2 will have weekly or fortnightly topical projects about the world around them.
- They will engage in activities that will encourage listening, oral, visual skills.
- They will learn to recognize, write and understand the concept of numbers up to ten (and simple addition up to 10).Kindergarten Christmas Play
- Throughout the year they will go through "LetterLand", recognizing the letters and their sounds.
- They will take part in singing, playing musical instruments and movement.
- Once per week they will participate in cooking and learn the value of measuring and weighing.
- One day per week they will have a Bible story to teach them about God and their part in His creation.
- Children will be given the opportunity to develop their creative skills through painting, drawing, cutting and sticking.
- They will go on school trips and participate in Sports Day.
- We aim to provide a stimulating and loving environment in which every child is given an equal opportunity to develop fully.